What Not to Forget When You Are Hiking
Taking a hike outdoors helps you have an adventure while getting a good workout in and experiencing nature. Hiking works your lower body, can benefit your brain, and releases hormones that lift your mood. The fresh air can do great things for you.
Walking local is a start. Many outdoor sports need advanced training and expensive equipment, but beginner hiking does not. Many people get started walking in their neighborhood and then advance to local forest preserves. The next step would be longer hikes.
Be sure you know your trail, have good shoes and do carry a bag with you.
What to Have with You
Here is a list of items for longer hikes.
1. Emergency medical kit
3. Form of hydration – How are you carrying your water?
5. Small blanket
6. Umbrella – Find a short collapsible version
7. Phone and phone charger
8. Pack snacks of fruit and nuts
9. Coat or another layer of clothing and a hat.
11. Watch – there are some that measure heart rate and distance while some track elevation too.
12. Flashlight – Check your batteries
The length of the hike will determine what is needed.
Always be prepared and let others know when and where you are hiking.
Get some fresh air and feel the benefits!